BBM Service is the only partner following all steps of the format change project. In 2020, BBM Service was chosen by a well-known mineral water brand as a partner for the implementation of a new format on the PET line. The goal? To create a new 1 L bottle design, for natural and sparkling water, then packaged in 3×2 and 4×3 bundles, partly using the equipment currently in use.
Specifically, the customer needed to:
- Implement a new format on the line
- Design a new 1L bottle with new label
- Implement a bottle with a Corvaglia filler, with a maximum weight of 25 g and bottom suitable for CO2
- Design a bundling system x 6 bottles – with handle – and x 12 without handle
- Palletising in two formats: 80×120 cm and 100×120 cm
BBM took care of all the steps of the project:
- Technical audit at customer’s, measurements, and study for existing equipment
- Study of new palletising layout
- Supply of 15 complete moulds for Krones Contiform S14 blow moulding machine. Development of new bottom, for natural and sparkling water
- Supply of change-over equipment on Krones COMBI, Krones Contiroll HS labeller, Krones shrinkwrapper
- Installation of change-over software on Krones Mudulpal palletiser
- Total assistance and start-up
Not only: BBM provided a preform quality control system. Using a polarised lamp, the system checks that the injection process is smooth and stable. The result? A new format on a flexible, state-of-the-art line, capable of working on multiple formats in a fully automated manner. The new bottle format is attractive and lightweight, as well as 100% recyclable. BBM Service is a complete partner, capable of all the tasks of a format chage project: from layout engineering and supply of spare parts, through to logistics, installation, safety management, start-up and disposal of decommissioned equipment.
FARO: the best change-over technology
We have abandoned squares and rulers forever, just to adopt the best digital measuring system for changeovers. The Quantum Max arm from FARO Technologies enables measurement with micrometric precision. Now, we can reconstruct all machine parts – stars, augers, couplings, funnels, pressers – in just a few hours. The Quantum Max arm is the most precise method on the market, surpassing the laser in terms of measurement quality. Thanks to the application of special spheres, through the innovative Leapfrog technique, it is possible to extend the measuring range to infinity, for large machines.